Order na sa Shopee

Order na sa Shopee
Click ad to go to Shopee

27.11.15

Taiwan rep out of Miss Earth pageant for refusing to Wear ‘Miss Chinese Taipei’ Sash

Miss Taiwan Booted from Miss Earth Pageant for Refusing to Wear ‘Miss Chinese Taipei’ Sash.

China bullying neighbors again? Ting Wen-yin, Taiwan’s representative at Miss Earth 2015, claims she has been kicked out of the international beauty pageant, now being held in Vienna, Austria, for refusing to wear a sash that says “Miss Chinese Taipei” instead of “Miss Taiwan ROC.”

 Miss Earth Taiwan 2015 Ting Wen-yin wrote on her Facebook page:

“I told them 30,000 times that Taiwan is Taiwan. I was born in Taiwan, my sash now says Taiwan, I represent Taiwan, and I’m going to use the name of Taiwan in appearing at this pageant.” The pageant organizers’ response “was, ‘change your sash or just leave’. Today, they did not allow me to stand on stage and photographers were not allowed to take my pictures.”

Popular Posts